Revised: August 10, 2017
PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal, Business, and Demographic Information. We may collect contact details, demographic data, and other personally identifiable information (such as name, phone number, email address, and birthdate) that you voluntarily provide to us as part of a registration process for access to your accounts, when you complete an online form, or when you contact us via email or chat.
- Payment Details. In connection with the payment of premiums or payment of billing statements, we may collect data related to your payment method (e.g. card brand, expiration date, bank routing number).
- Derived Information. We collect data our servers automatically recognize when you access the Site or Services, such as your IP address, operating system, browser version, the address of a referring website, and the pages you visit on the Site. Such information is not personally identifiable, but it still may be possible to determine from an IP address your internet service provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access the Site from a mobile device, our servers may automatically record information that your mobile device transmits, including your device name and type, your device ID number, version of your operating system, access times, browser information, user settings, your geographical location, and information about your use of the Services. Information may also be collected via mobile device IDs and other similar tracking technologies to recognize you.
INFORMATION WE USE
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you in connection with the Site and Services to:
- Help ensure that you are provided with the Services in a timely manner.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site and Services.
- Monitor, analyze, and compute usage and trends on the Site and to improve your experience.
- Request feedback, conduct surveys and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site and Services.
- Notify you of any news or developments regarding the Services, deliver targeted advertising to you, or deliver information we think may be of interest to you, such as information about insurance products.
- Compile anonymous statistical information and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches, fraud, or other illegal activity in connection with the Site.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share information we have about you as follows:
- With Third Party Services. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processors, data analytic services, email delivery vendors, hosting services, geolocation application programming interface services (e.g. Google Maps), telecommunication companies, and wireless service providers.
- With Affiliates. We may share information we have about you with our affiliates and with our parent organization. The purpose of sharing information about you within our family of companies is to enable them to provide customer service, account maintenance, or to tell you about other products or services that may be useful or beneficial to you.
- With Other Financial Services Companies. We may share information we have about you with other financial services organizations, such as banks, insurance companies, and insurance brokers with which we have joint marketing agreements for purpose of offering products or services that may be of interest to you.
- To Protect Lawful Interests. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process or a request for information, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation or as necessary to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Anonymized Data. We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share data about your use of the Site or Services in a way that does not identify you or may combine data about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other users and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
- For Our Business Transactions. If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party. We will make reasonable endeavors to require that the transferee honor the commitments we made in this policy.
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect personally identifiable information. While we have taken reasonable steps to make the personal information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties. To help ensure security via the Internet, we recommend you keep your browser up to date with all current security patches, use a unique user name and password that you do not share, and prohibit anyone else from accessing your profile.
CHILDREN’S INFORMATION PRIVACY
The Site does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you are at least 13 years old but not yet 18 years of age, do not access or use the Site or Services unless you have received permission from your parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any personal information through the Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s online activity and to help enforce our privacy practices. If you become aware that personally identifiable information from a child under age 13 has been collected in connection with the Site, please contact us.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES